Call Your Doula
To get started, whichever stage you are at, arrange a time to meet with me. Call your doula!
A doula is a trained labor companion who can help you have a shorter, easier, and healthier birth.
“Continuous support from a doula during labor provides physical and emotional benefits for mothers and health bonuses for their babies. With less medical interventions, fewer complications, and shorter hospital stays, there may be financial savings as well.”
Call Your Doula When:
- You are writing your birth plan.
- You need help to get baby into position for birth.
- You want to be prepared for postpartum recovery.
- You are wondering what to eat.
- You or your newborn baby are having difficulties with the foods you are eating.
- You desire continuous support throughout your labor.
- You are wondering how to reduce interventions during labor.
- You want to have a natural birth.
- You and your partner want to focus on your labor.
- You know your partner is indispensable, but he or she is NOT a doula.
- You have had traumatic experiences in your life.
- You feel insecure about labor and birth.
- You want your partner giving tender affection, not distracted by anticipating your needs.
- You want an advocate for your birthing plan.
- You desire encouragement, love and consistency during your birthing process.